30-35 minutes to boil potatoes,
5 minutes to mash
This recipe was prepared for a dinner of 4 persons.
- 1kg yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250g of butter
- heavy cream
- Boil the potatoes.
- After the potatoes have become soft, drain the pot. Put the potatoes back into the pot.
- Cut butter into chunks and add them into the pot.
- With a masher, mash the potatoes and butter roughly.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of cream and mash the mixture. Repeat until preferred texture is achieved.
- Add salt to taste, mix, and serve.
Where we bought our ingredients in Singapore:
- Heavy cream – Foodies Market
Note: Heavy cream is not the same as whipping cream.